Dr. Kasu Prasad Reddy
MB, DO, MRCOphth (UK)
Coming from a highly influential Kasu Family, Dr. Kasu Prasad Reddy is the founder of Maxivision Super Speciality Eye Hospitals, and has a strong political background as follows:
- Father, the late Kasu Vengala Reddy: Member of Parliament and Zilla Parishad Chairman
- Uncle, the late Kasu Brahmananda Reddy: Former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh
- Brother Kasu Krishna Reddy: An Ex-MP Minister
- Brother Kasu Rajagopal Reddy: Businessman and Honorary Consul Seychelles
An M.B.B.S. M.S (Ophthal) London with a qualification in Aviation Medicine from Farnborough, UK, Dr. Prasad holds the rare distinction of being the only Indian member of ACOS - American - European Congress of Ophthalmic Surgery, and the first Indian to be honored as Authorized Medical Examiner from Civil Aviation Authority, Gatwick Airport, London.
His extensive training in the UK from 1978 to 1996 was instrumental in him introducing Lasik. This paved the path for introducing other revolutionary eye care technologies like MLK, LTK, Erodible Mask, Artisan Phakic IOLs, and Staar ICLs. He’s also responsible for inventing presbyopic solutions like Supracor, Intracor, and Phacotechmix.
Dr. Kasu Prasad also became the first surgeon in the world to conduct Prototype research of FLACS for Technolas Bausch & Lomb in Munich, Germany. The former President of India, the late APJ Abdul Kalam commissioned the first Victus machine rewarded to him by Technolas.
The qualified British Private Pilot License holder has served other areas with extensive research, including:
- Promoter, Researcher and Investor in Accommodative IOL technology at the Juvene IOL, LensGen, Irvine, California, USA
- Promoter, Investor in Gastroenterology Device to treat Diabetes and weight loss at Metamodix Inc, Plymouth, USA
- Researcher and principal investigator of the High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) for the treatment of Glaucoma with EyeTech Care, Rillieux-La-Pape, France
- 1st Researcher and Principal Investigator of GDD (Glaucoma Drainage Device) the Miniject, Istar Medical, Belgium
- The 1st in the world to develop the 1st Thermal Storage Battery for storing electricity. This was a successful technological revolution in the power sector to create and promote a greener world
On the lighter side, Dr. Prasad is a golf enthusiast who believes the game teaches some important aspects of life.